My YouTube Videos

Loading...

Sunday, November 3, 2013

New Blog!

Hey everyone! For those of you who don't know me my name is Alba and I make beauty related videos on Youtube.com/AlbaMayo. I started my channel a five years ago when I was 19 and really didn't know what I was getting myself into but it was a huge blessing. I'm now 24, getting paid to do what I love and even though my life isn't perfect, I sometimes do feel like I'm living a dream. I've been doing makeup for five years and am currently a beauty vlogger for bareMinerals who sometimes travels with the company to attend beauty events as a makeup artist. A lot of people don't really understand how I make a living but a lot of it is by working from home. When I'm shooting, editing, uploading a video, and responding to comments, all of that is part of my job. Some may think it's easy but the truth is I'm never not working. However, because I do what I love, it definitely does not feel like work. For example, it's 4 am and my mother probably thinks I'm up wasting time online when I've actually been working on a new blog. I'm totally clueless to all of this so bare with me...I'm lucky I was able to find the post button.

Me at BeautyCon this past August

Why am I starting a blog? Well, for one thing I've always liked to write. If I could pick between my own cosmetic line and book, I'd pick a book of mine to be published. People don't believe me when I tell them that but writing was something I was passionate about before makeup. When I was 12 I said I would never wear makeup, so how I ended up where I am today is pretty funny to me. That's the beautiful thing about life and it reminds me of the quote "If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans". Another reason is because my good friend Nikki (NikkiPhillipi on YouTube) once told me that blogging was like Instagram except you can write a lot more and I'm addicted to Instagram, so when she put it into perspective, I told myself I'd have a blog one day. By the way, my instagram and twitter are both @AlbaMayo. Last but not least, I love photography and my goal is to share my life with you through beautiful photos. I don't have a camera at the moment but I have a lot of faith that I will have a great one soon, so stay tuned. There's so much more to come. -Alba

3 comments:

  1. Hey Alba! So happy you are back! I will definitely follow your blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alba, I started watching your YT videos almost 2 years ago and have followed you on IG ever since...I love your personality and also that you are Latina. Your inner beauty just radiates through! I am so glad you started a blog...please take a look at mine if you have the chance as I know you are a very busy young lady! bellabeauty808.com

    ReplyDelete