My YouTube Videos

Loading...

Sunday, November 3, 2013

My Banana Oat Pancakes

There are so many similar pancake recipes us instagram users come across everyday when you follow multiple fitspo accounts. I definitely pulled inspiration from a variety of these recipes when making my own healthy pancakes but I never followed them step by step so I was very pleased when I made my own and they were the best pancakes I had ever had in my life. I could be wrong, but I think mine are a little tastier because I don't use protein powder. I don't take any measurements when making these, I pretty much just eyeball everything and hope for the best lol but this is what you'll need:

-1 pack of oats (I like to use cinnamon oats)
-Half of a large banana 
-1 egg or 2 egg whites
-About half a cup of soy milk. (you can use almond or regular milk)
-Cinnamon
-Honey
-Berries
-Granola
-Cooking oil, or butter.

Mmmm....


Blend the dry oats, I use my nutribullet so I'm not sure how it's like to blend these oats in a regular sized blender. I know this seems odd but trust me it works. Add the broken down oats to a bowl and add your egg(s), add the chopped banana so it's easier to mix, and then add your milk. I use an electronic mixer to get a nice smooth batter. I put my stove on low heat while I'm mixing, I don't know if it depends on what kind of stove you have. I really don't know anything about cooking but just don't burn your pancakes or your house and you're good. I like to use olive oil when I cook anything btw.

Your fruit toppings are totally up to you. Whenever I haven't had any berries I've just added sliced bananas on top. I like to add honey instead of syrup (I've never liked syrup anyway) and the 100% pure and natural granola I use on top for texture is Banana Nut by Bear Naked, as you can tell I love bananas. The picture above is from my instagram and so many of you asked me for the recipe so here it is. Lets all eat healthier and feel better, even if it's just breakfast ;)


3 comments: